Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sparkle & Shine Baby Shower


December, where have you gone? Is time flying or is it just me? This baby shower was just last week, but it feels like it's been months and months since I hosted it. Valery and her first baby girl were showered with heaps of love and glitter last Sunday. The theme was "Sparkle & Shine...A Baby Girl is Next in Line". Gosh. I'm all about rhymes... at all times;) Ha! But seriously, it's been a huge blessing seeing Valery grow into motherhood. I met her when her and her husband, Paul, were only dating. I remember we went to In & Out after church and I was sold after she put a couple of packets of pepper in her ketchup. Who does that? Apparently, I do that now too because it's delicious! (Try it!)
I better get back to the baby shower because all this In & Out talk is distracting... Yes! The baby shower was a good one if I say so myself. I'm proud of how everything turned out. So many times I have a vision of how I want something to be, only to fall miserably short. I attribute this to planning. I've been preparing for months, making little things here and there. Everything was handmade (except the cake) and most things were made with materials from the Dollar Store and a can of gold spray paint (okay, 3 cans). I'm all about budget-friendly fun, guys! Plus, I love crafting, it's therapeutic and gives me something to do while Lovey studies endlessly. (Not even complaining...)

Here are some pictures of the decor...


Congratulations DoCampos! May the Lord continue to bless your growing family :)


Want to see pictures from another friend's baby shower? YES | NO