Thursday, February 28, 2013

A FRESH START


You would think that right now would be the worst possible time to redo my blog design and basically start this site over from scratch. Probably not the best midnight idea I've had. Midnight pho run? Yes. Genius! Midnight blog remodel? Nope. Not so much! But I've always been kind of impulsive and I was inspired tonight, so I just went for it.

Anywho, I want to redirect the focus around here. And I've been thinking a lot about the vision I have for this photography blog. Yes, I want to share my photoshoots as usual, but I also want to share more of my everyday captures too. Things that inspire me. Things that are pretty. Things I can eat up... Metaphorically speaking.

Like the image above. This was taken while on a day trip with my husband. It was in the middle of a  bustling parking lot. Potholes. Priuses. Puddles. Not very glamorous. And yet, as the sun was setting over this colorful canopy, all I could think about was how I wanted to stand there forever... Or at least take it home with me...

 Do you ever have those moments? Where the situation around you sort of stinks, but you can find something inspiring in the midst of it? Hopefully I can conjure up some of that tomorrow...Cause you know what's not going to be inspiring? Waking up to go to work in a few hours. Oh boy.



PS. No offense about the Prius part. I just needed to complete my alliteration ;)