Thursday, December 29, 2011

Portrait:Kerri & Garrett

The last time I spent time with Kerri was probably in junior high in Mr. Balentine's science class (we had that together right?). We were kids...babies practically! Ah the good ol' days! Days were we obsessed  over our latest crush, and spent hours talking about the last school dance and who slow danced to what Boyz to Men song. Serious, earth shattering topics, you know? Photomakers, the Tootsie Roll dance, Sanrio goods. It seems like so long ago. Practically another lifetime...

Anywho.

I met up with Kerri and her sweet little one, Garrett, at a local park for a photo shoot. It was grand! Why? Well it  felt more like a play date than an actual shoot (and Kerri gave me some amazing cookies at the end, but that's beside the point). I had a blast! I think we all did, but Garrett most of all. He's an energetic little one and chasing him around the playground was not so easy... But it was all worth it in the end (Did I mention I got cookies?).  I got some nice shots of his sweet face (Look at that smile! Melts my heart!) and was able to capture the tenderness of some precious mother-son moments. Aww! It was wonderful seeing Kerri interacting with her little one. She's an exceptional momma! Kind, funny, patient...And even though I haven't seen her for years, it doesn't surprise me one bit...


I know. I know. I put this last picture twice.. But I had to! Look at that face!